From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-25 14:09:34

On Aug 25, 2008, at 1:53 PM, Sandeep Gupta wrote:

> Thanks so much for the clarification, Doug.
>
> So my fear stand corrected. Intel compilers are marginalized. Not
> that there
> is anything wrong with that, but the documentation (especially
> bjam's) give
> the impression that boost can cover all major platforms.
> The reality however shows a different picture.
>
> If you have suggestion on how to approach this problem please do let
> me
> know.

Boost is an organization of volunteers. When many volunteers are
interested in making Boost work well with a compiler or platform, it
will work well there. Historically, there hasn't been all that much
interest in Intel's compiler on Linux, and support for it has
suffered. The way to improve the situation is to get more interest in
this compiler, which may involving recruiting more volunteers and may
involve submitting patches to fix problems as they come up.

        - Doug