From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-26 12:07:07

Eric Niebler wrote:

> Beman Dawes wrote:
>>
>> I'm going to try providing some Filesystem patches to see if users
>> find them helpful. I've tried to incorporate several comments from
>> this thread into the instructions.
>>
>> See http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ReleasePractices/HotFixes
>>
>> If any other developers would like to post 1.36.0 patches, please feel
>> free to add them to the above page.
>
> IMO, this is not a bad thing to try, but if we want people to find it
> and use it, we would need to put a link to it somewhere on boost.org.
> Maybe under "Support"?

Yes, for sure. But first I wanted to let the developer's list know in
case anyone spotted serious flaws in the procedure.

> FWIW, I've added a link to an Xpressive patch.

Interesting. You give the path as "boost-root" in the table, because the
patch applies to both boost/xpressive/detail/utility and
boost/xpressive/detail/utility. But then patch gets an error "can't find
file to patch at input line 5"

To work correctly, the commands needs to be:

      cd boost-root
      patch -p 2 <download-path/changeset_r48141.diff

Hum... Won't that set of commands work for all patch files? That would
simplify the instructions and allow dropping the Directory column from
the table.

I'd appreciate it if several people would try that on their systems and
verify it works.

Thanks,

--Beman