From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-26 22:17:01

on Tue Aug 26 2008, Christian Larsen <contact-AT-dword.dk> wrote:

> Yes, that's right. But still I don't see how that would make it
> possible to keep a stable interface, and make point releases of
> that. Unless all developers agree to only merge non-interface breaking
> changes into "ReleaseReady".

People who want point releases aren't just asking for what we _think_
will be "no interface-breaking changes," because the best we can do is
guess. Who knows what the effects will actually be on their platform in
their environment? They're asking for the release, exactly as it was,
plus bugfixes. That's it. No new features, no new libraries, period.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing