From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-27 12:34:59

Beman Dawes wrote:

>> Much better would be if these "hotfixes" could be applied to the release
>> (and trunk) branches, tested against the usual mechanisms, and released
>> as a micro version number. Then everyone gets the update from the main
>> boost servers.
>>
>> Of course this puts more work on the release manager's shoulders,
>
> And the testers, and those who admin the report servers, and those who
> review betas, etc.
>
> If all you want is updated release packages, you can always download the
> nightly snapshots. Of course, your milage may vary.

Nightly snapshots of what? In the current scheme there's no branch where
hotfixes for 1.36 are supposed to be applied. Neither trunk nor release
branches are obviously not good for that since they get big changes.

Besides, do we have nightly snapshots of any branch? I don't see any
links on boost.org.

- Volodya