From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-28 15:07:42

Andrew Hain skrev:
> Two quick queries.
>
> Would it make sense to have the iterator increment and decrement operators and
> begin() member function of ptr_vector< nullable<> > skip missing records so
> that applications have no need to check?

Well, it is always a design trade-off. If we did that, then people who
need to know the index of the null value is in trouble.

I do think it would make sense to add some utility iterator/range:

boost::ptr_vector<T> vec;
BOOST_FOREACH( T& e, boost::filter_nulls(vec) )

or something. I'm open to naming ideas :-)

> What is stopping pointer container classes from being used with opaque types
> as a compilation firewall?

Can you be more specific? I have some trouble knowing the precise problem.

Thanks

-Thorsten