From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-31 13:23:17

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 15:50 +0200, Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> andrea carbone wrote:
> > > What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
> > I had problems in reading the code offered by others while I felt
> > immediately confortable with FSM examples.
>
> The example folder of the fsm library contains the "Turnstile" example and the "BitMachine" example. Do there exists other "FSM examples" that I'm missing? I feel comfortable with the "Turnstile" example, but I'm having a hard time with the "BitMachine" example. (I'm not a computer science PhD student.) On the other hand, I had less problems with the statechart implementation of the same example. However, I admit that my problems are probably caused by the usage of boost/preprocessor and boost/mpl techniques again. Nevertheless, I find it surprising that somebody claims "I felt immediately comfortable with this code".

Aside from these two examples, there are tests, which are quite
descriptive, and a number of examples that I have posted during the
discussion.

As for the BitMachine example, this is the code I used for performance
testing, which results are presented in the docs. It is not the typical
way of using the library, however, it shows an example of how the
library can be used to automatically generate state machines.

PS: Please, don't take that as offense, but I don't think that not
knowing some libraries or features may be given as an argument against
another library that internally uses them.