From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-01 23:50:25

on Mon Sep 01 2008, Arno Schödl <aschoedl-AT-think-cell.com> wrote:

>> I wouldn't know how to address this issue without some real-life use
>> cases, though. This has all become a bit too abstract a discussion for
>> me, and Generic Programming is supposed to be driven by concrete
>> examples.
>
> Isn't my problem concrete enough? I need a stackable difference_range without
> exponential storage bloat.

Yeah, but why? What algorithm are you trying to implement that leads
you to think about stacking difference_range? I don't imagine that a
stacked difference_range is a good way to do anything efficiently.

For example, if you're trying to do compute something like

   A - B - C - D

where A,B,C, and D are sorted ranges, and you're doing it without a
heap, it *will* be needlessly inefficient.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing