Subject: Re: [boost] [RFC] Boost library name mangling and Microsoft's 'secure STL' feature.
From: dherring_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-09-03 18:15:36

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Jurko Gospodneti? wrote:
> * If the setting is 'on' the name would get en extra letter 'c'
> added to its 'runtime tag' letter group (together with 's' for
> statically linked libraries, 'd' for debug, 'p' for the stlport standard
> library, etc.).

Does the MSVC library ABI change depending on whether "secure STL" has
been enabled? If not, I'd suggest adding a build option but not adding
yet another runtime tag.

Linking to boost libraries has already become tag soup -- try writing a
portable configure script to figure out which name mangling was installed
on a user's machine... Its been done, but it runs 2^n slower than simply
checking whether '$CXX -l<name>...' succeeds.

Later,
Daniel