Subject: Re: [boost] [review] FSM Library review result
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-05 14:55:21

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Martin Vuille <martin_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> This is a brief report of the results of the review of
> Andrey Semashev's Finite State Machines (FSM) library.
> I want to do justice to the discussions that took place,
> and will follow-up with a complete summary next week.
>
> In spite of a good amount of discussion and an extension
> of the review period, the number of reviews was smaller
> than I had hoped for. Nonetheless, I believe that the library
> received an adequate review and, based on the review comments
> and other discussions, the FSM library cannot be accepted
> into Boost at this time.
>
> A total of four reviews were submitted, as follows:
>
> Andrea Carbone: YES
> Phil Endecott: NO
> Jeff Flinn: NO
> Chris Knight: NO
>
> Darryl Green also submitted a mini-review, which did not
> include an explicit yes or no vote, but expressed doubt
> about whether the library should be accepted.
>
> On the positive side, several people noted that the goals
> of the library (simplicity and greater performance than
> Boost.StateCharts) were valid and that such a library was
> needed in some applications. I personally support this view.
>
> I would like to thank Andrey for his efforts in developing
> the library. I would like to encourage him to pursue the
> discussions that were begun during this review and perhaps
> try again with an updated submission.

Thank you, Martin, for managing this review and for your patience. I would
also like to thank all the reviewers and discussion participants, it was a
really educating conversation for me.
I will continue my work on the library as a separate project. I may resubmit
the library for the second review when I update the features that were
negatively outlined during the discussion, if I feel enough interest for the
library.