Subject: Re: [boost] Mixed use of "include" directives with quoted vs. angle-bracketed params, causing havoc
From: Victor V. Terber (victor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-07 04:54:52

John Maddock wrote:
> So that's +1 for <> from me too.

+1 from me as original poster also.

A bit grepping suggests that the angle-bracketed form is used much more
widely than the quoted one inside Boost.

But there is a catch: In many places "include SOMEMACRO" is used, which
often (mostly?) expands into quoted parameters. An example is macro
"BOOST_PP_STRINGIZE" used with "include" at over a dozen locations inside
MPL (this actually blew up my configuration in the first place).

A nice example is also BOOST_COMPILER_CONFIG and friends. While in file
boost\config\user.hpp its use is proposed with angle brackets, the actual
defines in boost\config\select_compiler_config.hpp are quoted.

As I'm new to the Boost devel process: Should I (or anyone else) enter a
ticket, or doesn't that make sense before further discussion occurred?