Subject: [boost] [thread_safe_signals] changing the namespace used
From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-08 19:33:16

Hello,

In trying to use thread_safe_signals with Dataflow.Signals, I did the
following before including the headers to cause thread_safe_signals to
use the boost::signals namespace instead of boost::signalslib (I
needed this because Dataflow.Signals adds to the boost::signals
namespace):

#define signalslib signals
#define signals signals

The first line was to change the namespace used, and the second to
prevent thread_safe_signals from aliasing boost::signals to itself.

This worked for gcc on OS X, but I just found out that msvc 2005
express chokes on it (in some preprocessing file iteration loop). Is
there a better solution for this?

Thanks,

Stjepan