Subject: Re: [boost] [exception] library update
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-09 01:31:11

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emil Dotchevski" <emil_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 7:59 PM
Subject: [boost] [exception] library update

> 2) I would like to thank Dave and Robert for complaining about the
> added weight to boost/throw_exception.hpp. I managed to reduce that
> cost to less than 400 lines total, all contained in
> boost/exception/exception.hpp which now does not #include anything
> (not even standard headers.) If there are more concerns about this
> issue, let's discuss them now.

I don't know if this will be enough. For me the semantics has ben changed,
Robert has already created its own serialization::throw_ewception which is a
copy of the old boost::throw_exception, who will be the next?

IMO, we need to provide the old boost::throw_exception publically on boost,
even if we change its name, before each library developer and user define
its own throw_ewception.

Can you provide some performance results comparing the old and the new
implementations?

Regards,

Vicente