Subject: Re: [boost] Tests are a mess
From: Emil Dotchevski (emil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-10 12:21:17

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 1:43 AM, Gennaro Prota <gennaro.prota_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Out of curiosity --as I really don't intend to waste one more minute on it--
> is Test.Minimal using all this loathsomeness?

It seems that it doesn't. The code in question, about 400 lines at
present, is fully contained in boost/exception/exception.hpp and as of
1.36 is included in boost/throw_exception.hpp. The purpose of this
coupling is to provide hooks to support boost::current_exception and
the ability for users to augment active exception objects with
additional (possibly user-specific) info not available at the point of
the throw.

If anyone is concerned about this coupling I encourage them to
participate in the discussion on this very subject going on right now
(hopefully after familiarizing themselves with the exception library.)

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.