Subject: Re: [boost] Tests are a mess
From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-10 16:09:19

Robert Ramey:

> I don't know anything about the new exceptions library. How
> good is is or isn't, what it does, etc are not relevant. If you
> want to create a new throw exception with great new features
> that's just fine. But don't go foisting on me a whole new layer
> of work that I don't have time for - give it a different name.

The idea was to enhance the exceptions emitted by your library, thereby
making it more useful, without your having to do any work. Users who catch
an exception thrown by the serialization library could now take advantage of
boost::exception facilities. Users who don't know or care about the
additional functionality were supposed to find everything working exactly as
before. This approach specifically wasn't meant to require you to use
boost::exception (but you can start doing so in the future if you find it
worthwhile.)