Subject: Re: [boost] Tests are a mess
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-11 19:10:27

> I wasn't expressing an opinion, I was stating a fact. Boost libraries
> do change, and occasionally the changes do break existing code, and
> occasionally such breaking changes are made on purpose. I apologize
> for the perhaps inappropriate tone of that remark.

No apology necessary. I do have a strongly held view on the
issue of these kinds of changes. But I have come to realize
that that view is not all that widely held. I accept the
legitimacy of other views even if I don't agree with them.
My course of action is based purely on practical considerations
that a library maintenance can't consist of constantly going
back to issues which have been considered settled. I know
each one seems a small thing, but they add up to alot.

Robert Ramey