Subject: Re: [boost] [Dataflow] [Review] Dataflow review has ended
From: Gennaidy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-13 01:43:41

Jaakko Järvi <jarvi <at> cs.tamu.edu> writes:

> Establishing a "library review committee" by some means before a
> review, and announcing it when the review begins might create a
> stronger commitment.

One approach can be based on these ideas:

Instead of dedicated library review period we can have unlimited review period.
Library review should start at some point (more in this later) by review manager
announcing library for review. Within some predefined period (1-2 weeks) at
least N (5?) people should confirm upcoming review submission. If threshold is
not meat library immediately rejected, though can be resubmitted once again
later (as usual). If threshold is meat these people form library review
committee. After that review can be submitted. There is no predefined review
period (maybe only some lower bound). Until all people in review committee
submit their review it will continue. It's responsibility of review manager to
keep track of that and bug them if necessary. Everyone else are welcome to post
reviews as well. The maybe some provision to avoid indefinite wait, but it
should be in a form of exception clause.
  Under this conditions we can have multiple reviews running the same time.
Boost site should announce all libraries currently under review. Review wizard
will throttle the load and order libraries review in an order of submission and
review author/manager availability. Review wizard might have an authority to
stop any review (if it takes too long for a example)

Gennadiy