Subject: Re: [boost] C++ Builder 2009 and Boost compliance
From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-15 15:38:01

Joaquin M Lopez Munoz wrote:
> Sean Farrow <sean.farrow <at> seanfarrow.co.uk> writes:
[...]
>> I would be happy to do the regression tests, and the construction of a
>> jam ile if tha is what is needed for the new version to compile either
>> boost 1.36, or the trunk.
>
> That's nice! Regression test running is automated by a Python
> script. Instructions on how to put it to work are given at
>
> http://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html
>
> Also, you can find help on testing issues at the dedicated list:

> It may be the case that you don't need to change anything to run
> the tests, or maybe just tweaking this file a litte suffices:
>
> <boost-root>/tools/build/v2/tools/borland.jam
>
> But probably in the testing list you can get better advice.

Sean's contribution would be helpful indeed and I believe you provided
the necessary pointers for him to get started.

As Borland no longer owns the C++ Builder product I guess the
corresponding toolset should be replaced by a new one (codegear?) in the
near future; however no change is necessary to Boost.Build in order to
use the latest version of C++ Builder.

What needs some changing on the other hand is the compiler
configuration; I expect to submit a patch for approval later today.

Sean, please wait until this first batch of patches is committed before
you start testing; all tests will fail until the new compiler is
properly configured.

Cheers,
Nicola

--