Subject: Re: [boost] [UUID] Still alive?
From: Andy Tompkins (atompkins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-15 23:43:31

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:53:49 -0500, "Hartmut Kaiser"
<hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]> said:
> > Any idea what happened to the UUID library? I believe the mini
> > review that was supposed to happen after the library got accepted
> > provisionally never happened, right?
>
> Nope, this never happened because the author (CC'ed) never got back to
> it. It's a pity that Andy dropped the ball and disappeared after being
> 99.9% through the review of his library.
>
> OTOH it's perhaps better he disappeared _before_ pushing the library
> into Boost...
>
> I think anybody interested in taking ownership of this library and
> going the last step is highly welcome in doing so. I don't expect Andy
> to object.
>
> Regards Hartmut Review Manager

Forgive me the delay, but I would like to submit my library. I realize
that I did not communicate sufficiently with you. I apologize for my
apparent disinterest, it was unintentional. For the past 16 or so
months, I have been essentially working two jobs. As you can imagine,
my spare time has become virtually non-existent. Nonetheless, the
library is ready for the mini-review, except that I am only able to
compile and test it with Visual Studio Express as at the present time I
do not have access to a different compiler. I have uploaded
uuid_v11.zip to the Boost Vault. Will someone compile it for me with a
different compiler/platform? If so, and if the library compiles, then I
request the mini-review of the uuid library.

Andy