Subject: Re: [boost] request for interest: stable vector
From: joaquin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-09-16 13:02:57

Emil Dotchevski escribió:
>> Could you compare the space requirements and complexity of operations
>> of your stable_vector and std::deque (which has stable references as
>> well)?
>> [...]
> Sure, I meant stable references when you insert or erase at either
> end. This is plenty good for many use cases that need stable
> references.
>
> I'm still interested in the comparison though. :)

Sure. At first blush I'd say std::deque probably perform worse than
stable_vector both at
push_back and operator[], because although the operations have the same
big-O
complexities in both containers (amortized constant insertion, constant
access), the
implementation of std::deque is more convoluted.

I need to subtantiate this, though. I'll try to do some actual
measurements and will
be back to you in a few days.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo