Subject: [boost] [move] Moving the move headers into boost/detail
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-16 16:33:42

Hello all,

A cut down version of the move library in sandbox was in
'boost/unordered/detail' in 1.36 and is pretty stable. I'd like to
move it into 'boost/detail' so that other libraries can use it, and
probably add support for more object types as well. The full library
should be put up for review eventually, but until then it's a useful
implementation detail. Or should I leave it in unordered for now?
There's nothing stopping anyone from including it directly.

I'd also like to add more tests, if it's in detail, would it be
appropriate to add them to the unordered library's tests? Or somewhere
else?

Also, what should I do for documentation? There's some written (thanks
to its Adobe roots, so anyone who noticed that the unordered review
mainly consisted of editting the documentation can breath a sigh of
relief) so it'd be a shame to not make it available. Maybe I should
put it up outside of boost?

Obviously I'll make it clear that since the library is in detail, the
interface should not be considered stable. Buyer beware.

Daniel