Subject: Re: [boost] [UUID] Still alive?
From: Manuel Fiorelli (manuel.fiorelli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-17 19:26:27

Since UUIDs are generally used to identify resources, it could be that
someone wants to instantiate Boost.Unordered with UUID.
I don't know exectly what are the requirements for the type parameter of
Boost.Unorder, but I hope that most of them are yet met by UUID.
Surely it is necessary to extend Boost.Hash, but according to <
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_36_0/doc/html/hash/custom.html> this can be
done defining a free function without any explicit coupling with
Boost.Unordered/Hash.

Summarizing the support for Boost.Hash/Unorded should be a zero-cost
addition which should't cause the inclusion of no headers from those
libraries.

Best regards,
Manuel Fiorelli