Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] 1.36.0 regression tests fail on Solaris with Sun C++ 5.9
From: Simon Atanasyan (atanasyan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-18 10:46:58

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Vladimir Prus
<vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Boris wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:50:39 +0200, Simon Atanasyan <atanasyan_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> [...]The -library=stlport4 command line option are missed. Boost library
>>> should be built and used with this option.
>>
>> Thanks, I tried 'bjam --toolset=sun stdlib=sun-stlport -q' which worked!
>> What I don't understand though is why Boost hasn't been configured
>> accordingly for Solaris to use STLport automatically?
>
> Should it? I think that sun experts (Hi Simon!) told that it changes ABI,
> and old code does not use stlport, so having sun-stlport as default stdlib
> is not good idea. Of course, I probably totally misremember things; we
> can probably make stdlib=sun-stlport the default, at least when building
> C++ Boost itself.

I do not know is stdlib=sun-stlport enable by default but it is the
only chance to use Boost with Sun C++. libCstd does not and will not
conform the C++ standard so it is not compatible to Boost. At now
libCstd is default for Sun C++ due compatibility reasons. We (at Sun)
consider to change this in the future Sun C++ release.

Phew, that's all :)

--
Simon Atanasyan