Subject: Re: [boost] [dataflow] new component: multichain
From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-19 03:43:37

Hi Manuel,

Sorry for the long delay - I am away at a conference and with very
intermittent internet access.

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Manuel Jung <gzahl_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hey Stepjan,
>
> I'm developing a new component, a multichain, which should be able to chain
> different components together. Well the fusion and mpl libraries are
> somewhat new to me, but here ist my approach.
> I have some problems:

This is a nice idea.

> When the MultiChain Component is constructed, nothing seems to get
> constructed, nor connected. Not even the constructors are being called?

I only had time to take a brief look. I think something with the
iterator initialization might be wrong, but I'm not sure (I haven't
used fusion iterators directly before). E.g., you have:

typedef typename boost::fusion::result_of::prior<last>::type before_last;

vec_T components;

and then:

before_last Before_Last(components);

should that be:
before_last Before_Last(prior(last(components)));

?

Again, not sure - sorry if this is no help at all, I will take a
better look when I get a chance.

Stjepan