Subject: Re: [boost] [test] dsiable warnings for msvc 9.0
From: Juergen Hunold (juergen.hunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-21 04:36:10

Hi Gennadiy !

On Friday 19 September 2008 20:57:25 Gennaidy Rozental wrote:
> Jürgen Hunold <juergen.hunold <at> ivembh.de> writes:
> > Well, the warning is off by default ) We activate it per
>
> Let's keep it this way ;)

Well, the idea was to stop msvc-users to check in code with missing virtual
destructors which would annoy gcc-users on update. This has worked well so
far. And somehow the workaround for msvc-8.0 got into test/detail/config.hpp.
And please remember that one can activate this warning by adding /Wall to the
commandline. I'd like to have this warning avoided.

> > I wonder if this is a candidate for inclusion in Boost.Tests own
> > Jamfile...
>
> Why? Just so that I can shut it down in code?

Yes ;-)) Well, my intention was to get msvc/gcc at the same warning level.

I hope that those warnings will be obsoleted by the upcoming standard ;-))

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold       ! Ingenieurgesellschaft für
* voice: ++49 511 262926 57       ! Verkehrs- und Eisenbahnwesen mbH