Subject: Re: [boost] Request for Interest in eval
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-21 11:59:07

On 09/21/08 08:06, Christian Hoermann wrote:
[snip]
> Now, the actual syntax of the scripts is not yet finalized.
> I guess one could consider it slightly more relaxed than
> real C++ because all variables are of a gerneric type,
> rather than specific type. I'm very much interested in
> feedback on this issue. An example script and eval header
> is available at http://eval.sourceforge.net
>
> Christian

Hi Christion,

Could this eval be used, somehow, to help solve the problem
mentioned here:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=loom.20060916T172336-966%40post.gmane.org&forum_name=spirit-general

The reason I mention that is the problem sounds to me
like one of interpreting a string into a program:

> but I don't
> know how to use Spirit to generate the runtime parser that will check the input
> string against a given rule.

Maybe eval could be used to "generate the runtime parser".

However, I really have no idea how to do this since I haven't
even looked at your eval. I'm just guessing, from just reading
your posts, that *maybe* it could be helpful.

At least it would be a challenging application of eval, AFAICT.

Good luck.

-Larry