Subject: [boost] Boost.Process 0.3 released
From: Boris (boriss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-22 05:35:09

I've released Boost.Process 0.3. Here's the documentation and a link to
download the zip archive:

Docs: http://www.highscore.de/boost/process/
Code: http://www.highscore.de/boost/process.zip

It's a header-only library and thus pretty easy to use: Just copy the
files to your Boost directory.

In this release my main goal was to merge various snapshots:

* There was my Boost.Process 0.2 version which was based on Boost.Process
0.1 from 2006.
* There was a post-0.1 version of Boost.Process in SVN from 2007.
* Chris Fairles had modified a Boost.Process snapshot for Unix platforms.
* Ion Gaztañaga had also some ideas and bug fixes he sent to this mailing
list recently.

I just saw that Ilya Sokolov created another snapshot based on
Boost.Process in SVN. That means we have again at least two different
versions of Boost.Process. :-/

In my Boost.Process 0.3 version I concentrated on merging and overhauling
code. I did not change the design but tried to make the code work: All the
code which was written since 2006 should become usable.

That's why I also concentrated a lot on test cases. There are quite a lot
of test cases, and they all can be built and passed successfully on three
platforms with four compilers. As it would be great if others run the test
cases, too (ideally on new platforms), I'll send another message in a few
minutes with a description how to run the test cases yourself.

As the documentation was written in 2006 I also updated it. It's not yet
really a good documentation: There are some files coming from 2006 while
other files I wrote myself only last week. While the documentation can be
improved it's at least up-to-date: The examples all work and can be
compiled. As the documentation was not my priority for Boost.Process 0.3
it should be ok for now.

Boris