Subject: Re: [boost] [process] How to run test cases
From: Boris (boriss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-22 08:15:34

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:41:32 +0200, Sebastian Redl
<sebastian.redl_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Hi Sebastian,

> Ran the test suite on GCC 4.1.2, Linux x86_64. 9 test cases failed.
> Attached is the bjam output.

thanks for running the tests!

On Linux line 624 in boost_1_36_0/boost/test/impl/execution_monitor.ipp
should be temporarily changed like I did on Solaris (not sure if you did
this?). SIGCHLD is otherwise handled by Boost.Test which will then report
an error. I guess this is a problem on all *nix platforms (except Cygwin;
it could be that Boost.Test doesn't handle signals on Cygwin?).

As the test cases try to start a program "helpers" shared libraries
"helpers" depends on must be found. You might need to set and export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH before you run the test cases. If I'm not mistaken I had
to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/libstdc++.so somewhere, too. The current
environment variables will be used by all test cases (thus LD_LIBRARY_PATH
will be defined when "helpers" is started). You can check if this is a
problem on your computer by starting "helpers" yourself (the executable
should be somewhere in
boost_1_36_0/bin.v2/libs/process/test/gcc-4.1.2/...).

Boris