Subject: Re: [boost] [process] another draft
From: Ilya Sokolov (ilyasokol_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-22 13:32:21

Boris wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 23:28:40 +0200, Ilya Sokolov <ilyasokol_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> I would like to present my draft of the Boost Process library. If you
>> are interested (Boris?), you may find a zip archive named
>> process-is-0.3.zip here:
>> http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?direction=0&order=&directory=Process&
>>

>> The library was originally written by Julio M. Merino Vidal. I
>> continued from this point in the Boost sandbox:
>> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/SOC/2006/process/trunk/
>> Currently it builds with msvc-9.0-express and gcc-3.4.4/cygwin. It is
>> in experimental stage right now, so don't be surprised if most the of
>> interfaces will change in the future.
>
> Ilya,
>
> can you tell me what you added or changed (compared to Boost.Process in
> SVN)?

Here is a list of major changes:

1. Added facility to build as static or shared library. You still can
use it as a header-only library, just define BOOST_PROCESS_HEADER_ONLY
or use boost_process_header_only target from my
libs/process/build/jamfile.jam.
2. win32_* and posix_* types and functions are removed. (Now I think it
was an error).
3. stream_behavior made a specialization of the boost::variant.
4. pistream and postream classes was removed, I plan to use
boost.iostreams instread.

> And when you say "it builds" does that mean all test cases are
> passed successfully?

Yes, I've applied a bit magic in the libs/process/test/jamfile.jam file
to solve some problems (known to you) with helpers executable.