Subject: Re: [boost] [Signals] Build problem on Linux / ARM with GCC 3.4.4
From: Emil Dotchevski (emil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-22 17:20:15

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Tobias Oberstein
<tobias.oberstein_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I would try to add inline to the declaration.
>> template <class T>
>> inline clone_base * make_clone( T const & );
> Yes, I tried this first, but it didn't help. So I patched ..

Right, inline isn't part of the function signature and *should* be
ignored in declarations.

> anyway, as far
> as I can see, make_clone is only used in one place, so no cut'n'paste code
> dups by "inlining manually".

Yes it's only one place. But note that this particular function
doesn't exist any more, as all of this code has been heavily
refactored for the upcoming 1.37 release.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.