Subject: Re: [boost] [Phoenix] Monomorphic functors don't expose result_type
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-26 10:51:44

Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> I thought bind was supposed to generate monomorphic functors when used
> with function pointers, pointers to members, or monomorphic functors.
> Yet the functors it generates don't expose result_type, but only the
> result template.

If that's the case, then it's a bug.

> Moreover, I would expect functors to stay monomorphic when generating
> lambdas.
> If foo and bar are monomorphic (and thus expose result_type), foo < bar
> should be monomorphic too.

I agree. Thanks for pointing this out. If you can provide test cases,
I can add them to the V2 tests. I'm not sure that V3, with it's
use of result_of, has problems with this, but it's good to have
the test anyway. There may be far deeper consequences for this.
To be honest, I never paid too much attention on monomorphic lambdas.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com