Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] Phoenix review starts today, September 21st
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-26 19:48:05

on Fri Sep 26 2008, "Daniel Walker" <daniel.j.walker-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Hartmut Kaiser
> <hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The review of Joel de Guzmans and Dan Marsdens Phoenix V2 library starts
>> today, September 21st 2008, and will end on September 30th.
>> I really hope to see your vote and your participation in the discussions on
>> the Boost mailing lists!

> Of course, it's hard to be subjective reviewing Phoenix, since I'm
> already a fan, but I'm going to try to approach this as I would any
> library and pretend like I don't know who the authors are. My review
> of Phoenix follows.

Wow, that was a very thoughtfully written review and I look forward to
hearing the response. Your arguments are very persuasive, and highlight
some of the concerns I've had since learning that the next version of
Phoenix is (nearly ready and?) due to be incompatible with this one.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing