Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] Phoenix review starts today, September 21st
From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-27 06:31:27

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 4:44 AM, Joel de Guzman
<joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Daniel Walker wrote:
> <snip>

To echo David - wow, that was some review from Daniel!

now is certainly being served for me. The discussion provoked is
proving hugely useful and informative, not least because the history
of Phoenix apparently goes back a long way, and certainly far
beyond the point when I started paying attention.

So, as a user who is moderately familiar with BLL, but very new
to Phoenix, it would seem there is very little merit in investing too
much effort becoming familiar with Phoenix, until V3 arrives. A logic
that presumably applies to any new user.

As a result of reading Daniel's review my appreciation of the overall
'roadmap' has increased significantly.

Daniel's review also mentioned a 'chatty', scene setting introductory
chapter that used to part of the documentation. I too would like to this
restored to the documentation.

Thank you Daniel for such an informative review.

- Rob.