Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] Phoenix review starts today, September 21st
From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-29 08:08:16

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> Daniel Walker wrote:
> >> - What is your evaluation of the documentation?
> >
> > The documentation is excellent. I mostly looked at the "starter kit,"
> > which is as good of a quick start guide as any I've seen. However, I
> > seem to remember that the old documentation had an excellent
> > introductory chapter that gave a brief overview of FP and touched on
> > the history of Phoenix. I didn't notice that material in the current
> > documentation. If it was removed, it should be brought back!
>
> Hmm. Some people say I'm overly verbose and chatty. I recently
> tend to snip portions of the documentation because of that.
> I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the compliment.

I agree with Daniel, an FP overview would be very useful, especially
since you already have the info written.

And please do keep up the verbosity. :-) I had always avoided parsing
projects until I read through your Spirit docs. The background info on
general parsing gave me what I needed to quickly use spirit, and since
then I've been looking for any chance to use spirit.

Jeff