Subject: Re: [boost] [interprocess] atomic_write32, etc. -> public?
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-29 10:17:20

k-oli_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Hello,
> interprocess provides in its detail namespace atomic ops like atomic_write32,
> atomic_cas32 etc.
> Is it possible to move this functionality to a public namespace?
> I'm using interprocess::detail::atomic_write32 for instance in an
> work-stealing queue and I'd like to use 'official' functions instead from a
> detail namespace.

I'm sorry, but I have no plans to make them public, because that would
create a maintenance job that I'm not able to do (I have nearly no idea
about atomic operations and the library just implement some basic
operations) and I know there are efforts to create an atomic operations
library for Boost. Specially when atomic functions are going to be
present in C++0x. However, I have no plans to change those functions at
all, so I think you can use them safely until some official Boost
library comes.

> regards,
> Oliver

Regards,