Subject: [boost] [python] Setting a pointer into an object
From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-30 15:12:45

Hi,

I am trying to do the following:

SomeClassOfMine* myInstance; // Assume valid pointer
boost::python::object myObject( myInstance );

However, doing so causes an exception to be thrown when I run my
application. The exception thrown is below (Note I'm using MSVC9):

First-chance exception at 0x7c812aeb in Crusades_Debug.exe: Microsoft
C++ exception: boost::python::error_already_set at memory location
0x0012f0cc..
Unhandled exception at 0x7c812aeb in Crusades_Debug.exe: Microsoft C++
exception: boost::python::error_already_set at memory location
0x0012f0cc..

How can I assign the pointer above to a boost::python::object? I'm
trying to give my python scripts access to an instance of a class that
I haven't really exposed to Python yet, so I'm not sure of the
consequences of that. I was going to extend the SomeClassOfMine class
to python later on after I verify that I can get this working. Once I
have myObject in a valid state, I will insert it into the __main__'s
__dict__ namespace for a specific module so that it has access to it
as a global python variable. Help is appreciated.