Subject: Re: [boost] phoenix::bind
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-02 10:20:14

Giovanni Piero Deretta wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Joel de Guzman
> <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> *scratches head*
>
> Is it really undocumented? Look at http://tinyurl.com/4lnlh3 , the
> section about Values
>
> "
> add(arg1, 6)
>
> Passing a second argument, 6, an actor<value<int> > is implicitly
> created behind the scenes. This is also equivalent to:
>
> add(arg1, val(6))
> "
>
> Besides, this is the behavior one would expect (as it mimics std::bind).

You are probably right. Anyway, there's more to it than that.
For example, there is also the plan to have explicit:

     val(lambda-expression)

be used as the phoenix equivalent of

     unlambda(lambda-expression)

Behind the scenes, there's some work being done to make this happen.
I don't think I've committed such code. I'm not quite sure about
it.

>> :-) You must be smiling now imagining me slapping
>> my head! :-)
>>

> :)
>
> Anyways, from your last post, I see that we basically agree on
> lambda[] behavior, so I'll stop here.

Cool!

Regards,

--