Subject: Re: [boost] is_range metafunction
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-05 21:39:19

on Sun Oct 05 2008, "Daniel Walker" <daniel.j.walker-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 6:47 PM, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> The answer is yes.
>
> Yes to CRFINAE? That's cool!

Of course; without it concept-based overload resolution would be pretty
useless.

> So, we could use that for concept-based introspection...

Yes, concepts can do most introspection jobs.

> maybe it's already possible to write is_range for ConceptGCC.

I don't know what properties you want to test for, but concepts can
handle the syntactic part. However, in C++0x you'd probably not use
is_range but instead use "requires Range<R>"

> Is anyone working on this sort of thing?

What sort?

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing