Subject: Re: [boost] is_range metafunction
From: Daniel Walker (daniel.j.walker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-07 14:55:07

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Mathias Gaunard
<mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Daniel Walker wrote:
>>
>> So, I tried your suggestion with gcc 4.4, but I got an error.
>
> Well, to be honest I didn't test it fully. If you call it with a type that
> doesn't have a foo member function, the overload is indeed masked.

Well, it looks like it's also masked when you call it with a type that
has a foo member function. The error was "no matching function." So,
yeah, this is still a little buggy; it's over masking.

> The first example of this link, however, seems to work:
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2008/n2634.html

Ah, thanks. Expression SFINAE has already been accepted into the
current draft, right? Do you know the relevant section numbers?

Thanks!
Daniel Walker