Subject: Re: [boost] Geometry and spatial indexes, my opinion
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-08 04:57:30

Hello

> In my opinion, a Boost geometry library must have at least basic support for
> n-dimensional computational geometry. Let's start with able to handle points
> of arbitrary dimension and calculate distances between them (given some
> metric). This is easy to do and already sufficient to implement many useful
> spatial indices. I have not looked at Barend's geometry library in detail,
> but on the surface it looks generic enough to support this.

This is already done. Making the distance algorithm dimension-agnostic
is the first thing I did with Barend after the preview 2, when I
joined the project. And the iteration between dimensions is obviously
made at compile-time.

Looks like we *really* have to show the preview 3 as soon as possible :-)

Regards
Bruno