Subject: Re: [boost] [UUID] version v12
From: Atry (pop.atry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-09 01:15:23

Hi Andy,
I saw the source code in seed_rng.hpp, I found you use an
uninitialized buffer[] if fopen fails. It often rely on the stack
contents when previous calling function runs, and that is not always
random.

I think UUID does not need to be random, it just need to be uniquely.
So the seed should contains process id, time, MAC address and so on.