Subject: [boost] [date_time] Patch for ticket #1740: date_time includes <windows.h>
From: Emil Mieilica (Emil.Mieilica_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-09 08:43:39

Hello,

date_time on Windows needs windows.h in order to have the definitions for FILETIME and GetSystemTimeAsFileTime and friends and does not use the same technique as other boost headers : if BOOST_USE_WINDOWS_H is defined include <windows.h> otherwise forward define functions as needed. In date_time is more difficult because it is a header_only library.

Please find attached a patch to solve this issue and the test report of the library on the compiler I have at my disposal.

I have taken precautions in order to ensure it will work on x64 Windows (please see comments related to the conversion between FILETIME and __int64) and I see no reason it should have changed for other platforms, but only testing will tell.

Thank you,

--
Emil Mieilica
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3506 (20081009) __________