Subject: Re: [boost] Geometry and spatial indexes, my opinion
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-09 10:51:35

> Actually in the library I've been working on the definition of the point
> type is of lesser importance. All of my algorithms are designed to access
> point coordinates via a traits specialization which details how the point's
> coordinates are accessed. It works like this (please excuse email formatting
> :)

As said several times by several people including me, it's exactly
what everybody out there is doing. There's nothing fundamentally new
in what you propose and in the code you just pasted.

That's precisely why I've just said (like you) that the definition of
a point type in not really important.

Bruno