Subject: Re: [boost] 1.37 release schedule?
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-09 12:06:27

Robert Ramey wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
>> Aren't trunk tests supposed to show if build and/or test are working
>> fine?
>
> In my view, the trunk tests are meant to show that the libraries are
> working fine.
>
> As far as I know, there are no tests which are focused on veriftying
> that the boost tools work fine.

You mean, "there are no tests that are automatically run together with
library tests"?

> Of course, the library tests do test aspects of the tools as sort of
> a side effect, but it's not an efficient way to test.

Whether it's efficient way, and exact definition of efficiency, and why
this efficiency is necessary, are good questions, but since we're talking
about building C++ Boost libraries and running their tests, if that works
on trunk, then it's very likely to work just as well if trunk boost.build
is merged to release branch. And it is what matters here.

- Volodya