Subject: Re: [boost] Geometry and spatial indexes, my opinion
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-09 17:11:04

Matthias wrote:
>Just to further this point : if we want to do geometry in spherical
>coordinates, then the
>point type cannot be homogeneous, especially if we wanted, e.g., to
>enforce dimensional
>correctness a la Boost.Units :
>
>cartesianPoint<si::length,si::length,si::length>
>
>vs.
>
>sphericalPoint<si::length,si::radians,si::radians>

You are right, obviously for a spherical coordinate or polar coordinate
concept we would use different types. That is one reason why Cartesian
point would be a different concept and use different accessors than
polar or spherical point. There is no need to have one point concept
and set of traits that applies to all 2D, 3D and ND coordinate systems.

Luke