Subject: [boost] Boost.Build merge?
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-10 14:01:55
I would have like to merge Boost.Build state from trunk to release branch.
This matter was discussed briefly in
but it didi not lead anywhere, and further it seems to be some confusion
between merging Boost.Jam (which Rene wants) and merging Boost.Build.
To reiterate, I think Boost.Build should be merged because:
- it now supports linux->windows cross compile
- it allows to eliminate configuration warning messages from
libraries that are not built (which requires corresponding
merges for libraries Jamfiles, but it's trivial)
- it fixes a bug where include=/foo/bar could not be specified
on the command line
- it has some other smaller fixes
- I don't see any breakage on trunk tests
-- Vladimir Prus http://vladimir_prus.blogspot.com Boost.Build V2: http://boost.org/boost-build2
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk