Subject: Re: [boost] [1.37][Function] Request permission to merge changes
From: Doug Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-14 13:17:29
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Eric Niebler
> Doug Gregor wrote:
>> Aleksey pointed out that Boost.Function in 1.36.0 has a critical
>> thread-safety problem. I've now fixed the problem on the trunk,
>> and---after regression tests cycle---would like to merge these changes
>> (along with other long-stable fixes to Function) to the release
>> branch. Okay?
> Yes, we really need this fix. Can you describe the nature of the other
> changes you plan to merge?
Of course. They are:
- const-correctness for function::target():
- performance improvement for function::swap():
- added function_fwd.hpp header: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1668
- added typeof support: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1668
- workarounds for the latest CodeGear C++ Builder:
It is *possible* to make the thread-safety change on the release
branch without bringing over the other changes, but everything else
has been on trunk for nearly a month without any breakage. So, I think
it's probably riskier to try to bring fixes over piecemeal than to
just do a merge from trunk's Function.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk