Subject: Re: [boost] Support for Cell processor
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-15 06:47:07

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 4:13 AM, Peter Bindels <dascandy_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Given that the logging is optional (and probably pointless on an
> embedded system) #ifdeffing out the iostream header seems right.

What macro?

It seems to me there are really two cases:

* Logging is desired. Perhaps BOOST_ALL_LOG and BOOST_libname_LOG (where
libname is FILESYSTEM or whatever.

* Avoiding <iostream> is desired if it can be done without crippling the
library. Use cases are embedded systems and GUI systems. Perhaps
BOOST_AVOID_IOSTREAM. Or should there be both overall and library specific
versions? But this macro (or macros) isn't worth documenting if no libraries
will actually use it. Are there cases other than when not logging where it
is possible to avoid <iostream>?

--Beman