Subject: Re: [boost] Preview 3 of the Geometry Library
From: Herve Bronnimann (hervebronnimann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-15 12:45:53

Box has a dimension-agnostic flavor to me (if not to all geometers out
there). I believe the orthodox term would be (axis-aligned)
parallelotope, some people also use hyperrectangle. Box is shorter and
implies the pairwise orthogonality of the sides, if not the axis-
alignment. Personally I'd prefer to keep box for most common use,
with a clear definition in the docs, and polytope (most general) and
parallelopiped (2^n sides not necessarily orthogonal) for the more
exotic uses... My two cents...

Sent from my iPhone