Subject: [boost] Build doc update
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-16 09:55:36

According to:

        http://www.boost.org/development/index.html

we're supposed to have beta release tomorrow, and final release on 31st.
Are doc changes allowed in between?

What becomes apparent on IRC, is that the current install docs have issues:

        - Boost.Build command line syntax docs are not very good, because
        they split information across several pages
        - Getting started fails to refer to command line syntax directly.
        - Getting started lists various variants that may be built, and their
        names, but does not give Boost.Build options to request those variants,
        so people start to improvise various interesting syntaxes.
        - It fails to clearly say that 'configure'/'make' is the approach that's
        only good for native, all-default build.

I think it would be good to clear this up, and can work on this, but of course
only if the changes can be gotten in. Comments?

- Volodya