Subject: Re: [boost] New library in the Vault: ConstantTimeSize
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-16 12:03:55

Giovanni Piero Deretta wrote:

> Interprocess list size, single element splice, all-elements splice are
> already constant complexity. Only range splice has linear complexity.
> Probably the project would have little utility there.
> (BTW, I think that interprocess.list is based on intrusive.list whose
> size and slice complexity are configurable via policies)

Correct, Interprocess list has an additional range splice method that
takes the length of the range (many times the user can calculate it) and
it's of course O(1).

> Agree, currently they are hidden inside interprocess while they could
> have much more exposition if they were a top level boost library.

I plan to do so, but I find no time to do it, but I'm still adding some
new features to those containers: trunk SVN Interprocess containers have
now placement insertion.

Regards,

Ion